Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Summer is upon us


I now understand that each and every blog post DOES NOT have to smack of genius and innovations in ridicularity. But that should not distract from the overall purpose and general vision of this blog.
That said, this is pretty damn AMUHRICAN. Kiddie pools and beer, with some big kids in the pool drinking said beer, a true beacon of the traditional Amuhrican summer.
It is summertime in the Pacific Northwest, and I, for one, have engaged Madame Summer in an epic battle. We are locked in a battle of the wills. She is trying to wait me out, but I WILL NOT LET HER WIN. I am going to force her out of her seclusion! I wear shorts and a t-shirt and hang out in backyards despite the gray skies and temperatures below 60. I host and attend barbecues hoping that a collective effort will force her hand. I laugh as she tries to send rain in her stead. I throw another burger on the grill, sip my beer, and steel my resolve to emerge victorious. I will not cave. Madame Summer cannot break my will.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

like a spoiled american fat kid crying from the carseat of a minivan after devouring a supersize fast food meal (while watching a violent film from the van's DVD player) as Mother drives the family to wal-mart,
I WANT MORE (of this blog).